Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Candadian Snafu

One of the most wonderful parts about being a pet sitter is the ability to look at nature while I'm walking my pups, especially when it's above 10 degrees and I'm dressed for the occasion. This morning was especially wonderful. It seemed toasty. And I'm talking 22 degrees. (Why I wasn't wearing a bikini was beyond me) While walking Paul the Basset Hound and Dixie, my standard poodle, I noticed a ruckus up above us. I generally love seeing nature at its best and seeing Canadian Geese form into their pointed alignment, but today was complete chaos. Three gaggles, if that's the correct term, were flying above us and unsure of their formation. Is Armageddon coming? Seriously. Imagine these wonderful flyer's unsure of themselves? Is this a reflection of the current economic condition-we are all so unsure of what to do with ourselves? I marveled at their indecision and lack of direction, literally, and quite flabbergasted, have yet to experience anything like this in my lifetime.

Another interesting thing happened. Out of the blue, a former boyfriend contacted me. How did he find me-I have no clue. My name was different when we were dating, but he managed to find me on Facebook. We chatted briefly and it seemed like no time had passed in between us. He is miserable in California-I can't say I blame him. But that's another story for another day. Thanks for calling and finding me, Raffy!

And Noah....I just saw you, too. Want to talk about it?

1 comment:

  1. The geese ARE different this year, I just can't put my finger on why.

    Welcome to blogland - it's a blast!

    ReplyDelete